Communication Coordinator, Communication and Knowledge Management Department
Vacancy – Communication Coordinator, Communication and Knowledge Management Department, Mekong Institute, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Mekong Institute (MI) is an intergovernmental organization owned and operated by the six Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) countries it serves, with a mission to provide capacity development services and products that enhance regional development, cooperation and integration. To respond to changes and evolving needs in the GMS, MI currently prioritizes the regional integration of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam workforces for more equitable and inclusive economic growth. Further, MI is expanding its traditional portfolio to position itself as a GMS-based knowledge-center of excellence with increased institutional capacity for policy research and other services related to economic integration and development disparities.
Communications Coordinator, Communications and Knowledge Management Department
We are seeking a Communications Coordinator for Communication and Knowledge Management (CKM) Department under the general direction of Director of CKM. The position is based at Mekong Institute, located on Khon Kaen University campus, Northeast Thailand. Khon Kaen, a growing city, is the commerce and political center of Northeastern Thailand and an important gateway to other GMS countries.
Main deliverables, responsibilities and tasks
- High quality communication and publication documents that are accurate, interesting and informative, and follow MI’s branding and graphic guidelines
- Communication resources for all major MI events
- Quality control of branding and creativity in communication outputs
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Write, proof-read and edit press releases, newsletters, speeches and other documents of MI publications
- Any other reasonable task requested by manager.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Master degree in communications, English, development or other relevant field
- Strong writing skills, and ability to adapt message content to multiple audiences
- Proven ability in use of high level English language skills in written form
- Proven knowledge in graphic design techniques and software applications
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to work in a team and to coordinate with others
- Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to live and work in Khon Kaen of Thailand
- Willingness to travel within the GMS if required
- Experience in communications, journalism, graphic design, behaviour change communication
- Knowledge of GMS and development issues
- Skills in any of the GMS country languages
If you have the skills and experience to exceed in this position, and are passionate about equitable and inclusive economic growth in GMS, please send your CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. to email@example.com by 17 May 2017, titled ‘Communication Coordinator’.
Please note that only applications successful in progressing to the next stage will be responded to.Back