IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
IUCN Lao PDR,
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, is seeking a qualified individual to join our Lao PDR Country Office.
IUCN is the world’s oldest and largest global environmental organization, with more than 1,200 government and NGO Members and almost 15,000 volunteer experts in some 160 countries. IUCN Lao PDR country Program is part of the Lower Mekong Region Country Group, a unit of the Asia Regional Office in Bangkok, under the umbrella of the global IUCN and we're now looking for Finance Officer to join our team at IUCN Lao PDR at Vientiane Office as soon as possible. The FO will be also expected to hand basic HR functions and to serve as the HR focal point in IUCN Lao.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange petty cash replenishments and maintain agreed level of cash in hand for disbursements.
- Prepare petty cash vouchers, obtain approval and make payments; reconcile petty cash on daily basis for IUCN Lao PDR.
- Reconcile petty cash in excel sheet on monthly basis the printed and signed version should be accompanied with full supporting documents. Ensure adequate programme monitoring and reporting mechanisms are in place and adhered to at all levels of programming so that impact of the programme can be measured.
- Reconcile staff advance and loan accounts of IUCN Lao PDR accounts.
- Coordinate with relevant staff for settling outstanding amounts under their loan/advance accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare debit/credit notes for IUCN Lao PDR.
- Coordinate with ARO finance team on cross charge processing.
- Check travel advances, travel claims and other settlement of advances and process journals on travel authority form and travel claim form.
- Assist Regional Finance Unit Enter data into the online accounting system (NAV) and maintain important data/information on local computer.
- Coordinate and provide assistance to Accounts Officer in Asia Regional Office (ARO) regarding accounting cross charges and reporting of Lao PDR office.
- In coordination with the Regional HR Unit and/or HR Manager of IUCN Vietnam, administer all HR-related activities and transactional services for staff of IUCN Lao
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Commerce, or a related field of study is a must.
- At least five years of progressive experience in the related areas including in a similar position in an international organization.
- Excellent people skills, including in conflict resolution and team building, problem solving, and negotiations.
Salary commensurate with experience
For more information, including the complete job description and to apply, please visit
http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/ and click vacancy #1387
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System,
by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Application are required to apply online by 15 November 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be notifiedBack