CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
CBM is now accepting applications for a
COUNTRY COORDINATOR IN LAOS
The Country Coordinator will actively lead in the development and implementation of the Laos country strategy in line with CBM global strategy. The incumbent will be responsible for leading, developing and coordinating the implementation of CBM supported projects and programmes and support partner organisations in the development of their programmes aligned with the CBM strategy. S/he will represent CBM towards partner organizations and liaise with local Government, INGOs and other NGOs.
Structure of Authority:
The incumbent will report to the Regional Director for Asia Central, based in Bangkok, Thailand and be assisted by a Programme Officer for Laos.
Strategy development and implementation
- Facilitate and develop a strategic plan for Lao PDR in line with the CBM global strategy
- Ensure partnerships are established or strengthened for implementation of the country strategy
- Create monthly strategy implementation reports
- Manage assets of CBM in Laos according to CBM and Regional Office standards and guidelines
Programme Development and Implementation
- Manage partner relationships for CBM in Laos
- Coordinate, monitor and support the development of CBM and partner activities in the country
- Identify development needs and opportunities with partners and support partner organizations in the development and implementation of new multi-year plans aligned with the CBM strategy in Laos
- Identify and coordinate partner development and capacity building needs with the support of the CBM Asia Central office.
- Provide technical assistance in planning evaluations to inform new partner plans
- Liaise with key stakeholders in programme development
Networking & Alliance building
- Co-ordinate CBM’s involvement in country level forums/alliances/planning bodies with relevant stakeholders, government and other INGOs etc.
- Contribute to the development of policies and legislation in areas relevant to disability and inclusive development through stakeholder consultations or through technical assistance.
- Positively promote the image and visibility of CBM in Laos
Administrative and Financial Management
- Ensure CBM partners have internal control systems in place and implemented
- Identify and manage compliance risk
Information and Communication
- Represent CBM in Laos to establish and strengthen alliances at all levels with different stakeholders - government as well as national and international NGOs and donor agencies - in line with CBM country strategy
Safety and Security
Ensure procedures are in place, understood and implemented
Professional Profile and Requirement
- Preferably ten years of professional experience in the development sector, of which at least 5 at senior management level including substantial work experience in Southeast Asia, preferably in Laos
- Good understanding of the local context, trends and standards in Laos
- Professional experience in disability and inclusive development is an added value
- In-depth knowledge of development, social-inclusion and disability issues including UN Convention on Disability Rights.
- University degree in International Development, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields or documented and proven success in the field of international development
- Demonstrated ability in inclusive project cycle management including human resources and financial management
- Knowledge of financial management, accounting and budget holding principles
- Experience in organizational development and capacity building
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate emerging needs on development issues and integrate them swiftly into priority setting
- Demonstrated substantial experience of strategic thinking, initiative-taking and creativity; identifying analysing, problem solving and responding
- Experience in building and managing effective partnerships and strategic alliances
- Ability to establish focus, implement strategies and manage conflict
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Experienced in working and/or travelling in occasionally insecure areas following strict safety and security protocols
Personal Profile & Competencies
- Establishing focus
- Empowering others
- Managing performance
- Attention to Communication
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Results orientation
- Self confidence
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English (both orally and in writing). Knowledge of Lao and other local Asian languages and/or dialects would be an advantage
The future job holder adheres to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who are meeting these qualifications, are invited to submit, in English via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, copies of diplomas, three professional references and salary expectations toNadhkaned.email@example.com
Application deadline: 20 June, 2016Back