BANQUE FRANCO-LAO LTD
Credit Collections Team Leader
Banque Franco Lao Ltd. (BFL) is a commercial bank and joint venture between BRED Group, the largest commercial bank within the BPCE Group in France, and BCEL, the main Lao public bank. It started its activities in Laos in 2010. Today, BFL owns a network of 23 service units, with 12 in Vientiane, 11 located in key cities outside the capital and 50 operational ATMs across the country. BFL offers a wide range of loan, deposit and debit card products to more than 22,000 retail and business customers. BFL’s ambition is to provide innovative banking solutions and to support the people of Laos in building a sustainable future.
As a fast growing business, BFL is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and pro-active employee to join us in developing quickly new business and achieving ambitious business goals. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career send us your application for the following immediate openings
Credit Collections Team Leader / 1 position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls, customer visits, mediation, correspondence, collateral repossession/collection.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Credit, Legal) to ensure alignment and delivery of effective credit collection.
- Manage the governance, administration and documentation of all credit collection activities.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Immediately reporting to Head of Credit and CRO any instance of suspected internal/external fraud.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to manage the reduction of credit arrears
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with key external stakeholders, such as key influencers, police, real estate, property developers…
- Work transparently with finance to find buyers for collaterals repossessed/transferred to BFL
- Act ethically and with integrity
- Daily reporting of collection activities to Head of Credit – produce a daily collections dashboard for internal stakeholders
- Prepare a monthly update for the risk committee
- Present and attend the provision committee
- Hold weekly collections meetings with Retail and Corporate sales teams to drive an effective 0-45 day front line arrears management program.
- Once all collections efforts have been exhausted and the collections process/procedure has been completed, send the file to legal for action.
- Automate and improve the collections process, to enable the scaling up of lending and the management of increased collection volumes.
- Work with Sales to manage customer payment disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Build a reputation of hard but fair collections for BFL
Interested applicants, please send us your latest résumé, along with a covering letter (mandatory), copies of all qualification certificate (originals to be produced at interview) and a recent photo to via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send to Head Office of Banque Franco – Lao LTD.
Lane Xang Avenue, Hatsady Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
More information Contact:
Tel: 021 285 111 Ext: 308, Mobile: 020 5965 8115
Applications close 15-December-2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
All applications will be kept confidential and will not be returned.