Ministry of Industry and Commerce (National Implementation Unit)
Lao Trade Portal Content Coordinator
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Ministry of Industry and Commerce
Second Trade Development Facility
Project ID No: P130512
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position: Lao Trade Portal Content Coordinator
The Second Trade Development Facility (TDF-2) is a multi-donor program financed by Australia, the European Union, Germany, Ireland and the World Bank focusing on improving trade and private sector development in Lao PDR. The development objective of TDF-2, which is implemented by the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, is to support the implementation of government’s trade and integration priorities outlined in the 2012 Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) Roadmap, and in particular to contribute to improved competitiveness and diversification, focusing outside the natural resource sectors. TDF-2 has three main components:
(a) trade facilitation, trade policy and regulations;
(b) diversification and competitiveness; and,
(c) mainstreaming aid for trade.
The appraised value of the project is US$ 14.0 million, with implementation to take place over a period of four years, starting in April 2013. Technical responsibility for implementation of the Trade Development Facility lies with the National Implementation Unit (NIU), based within the Planning and Cooperation Department of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
The objective of Lao Trade Portal Content Coordinator is to provide support services to the overall management for the Lao PDR Trade Portal which will aggregate and integrate all of the trade related information, including that available on individual ministries and agency websites, in an easily accessible manner, with a view towards simplifying and harmonizing non-customs trade facilitation procedures.
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Since this is a key position in a project of national significance which is an important element of Lao PDR’s progress in terms of trade facilitation and a key requirement for WTO membership, the candidate is required to have a broad understanding of the issues relating to transparency of trade information and how these would impact on the operation of the LTP.
- Having as a minimum a bachelor degree, preferably in Business, Economics, Law or a Trade related discipline
- Should be able to work under pressure and take initiative;
- Have a high degree of competency in IT office automation products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a reasonable familiarity with graphic editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Experiences in public policy related projects in the Government offices will be advantage;
- Good understanding of Trade and business procedures in Laos will be advantage;
- Have good analytical skills;
- Good English skills all in writing, reading and speaking are essential;
- Able to use Internet for communication and research purposes;
- Basic experience in using image editing software such as Macromedia Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, etc;
- Good inter-personal skills.
This shall be a full-time assignment for a period of 12 months with possibility for extension, including 03 months’ probation. The position is subject to annual performance evaluation and will be based in Vientiane, NIU/DPC, MOIC, starting July 2017. The full detailed ToR is available at the NIU’s website: http://t4dlaos.org/index.php/en/work-with-us/vacancies
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Guidelines “Selection and Employment of Consultants”, Individual Consultants (IC) selection method. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 and revised June, 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In order to apply for the position, the candidates shall request the Application Form from the NIU, which can be sent via e-mail.
The NIU now invites interested applicants to provide information indicating that you are qualified to perform the services (application form, curriculum vitae with expressions of interest and references). Interested Applicants may obtain further information at the address below. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below or no later than 20 November 2017, 16:00 o’clock (submissions via email are also acceptable). Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
National Implementation Unit (NIU)
Ministry of Industry and Commerce
Ban Phonxay, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
Tel: +856(21) 41 39 16 – 45 39 82; Fax: +856(21) 41 39 16
Attention: Mr. Phouvieng Phongsa, NIU DirectorBack